Start Schlossinsel Liebesinsel
Love Island PDF Print E-mail


The love island was built in 1918 after the suicide of Adolf Friedrich VI. (1882-1918), the last Grand Duke from Mecklenburg-Strelitz. He left instructions for the love island in his will. Adolf Friedrich is buried on the island. There are only speculations about his reasons to commit suicide. His tomb shows an interrupted column, wound by a snake. The inscription reads: "God is love". The love island with its beautiful view over the Mirow lake can be reached by crossing a wrought-iron bridge.